[comp.emacs] jove available?

Q3788@PUCC.BITNET (Netnews) (12/04/86)

I need to find out about obtaining 'jove' - is this a commercial
product, public domain, other?  From where is it available?

Irwin Tillman          BITNET: Q3788@PUCC
Netnews Admin          UUCP: allegra!psuvax1!PUCC.BITNET!Q3788
                       ARPA: IRWIN%PUCC.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu

bob@osu-eddie.UUCP (Bob Sutterfield) (12/06/86)

In article <1421@PUCC.BITNET> Q3788@PUCC.BITNET (Irwin Tillman)writes:
>I need to find out about obtaining 'jove' - is this a commercial
>product, public domain, other?  From where is it available?

Go to your friendly neighborhood VAX, one that has the BSD 4.3
distribution, and look in user-software/jove/...
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Computer and Information Science Department
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277

jpayne@rochester.ARPA (Jonathan Payne) (12/06/86)

Jove was sent to mod.sources a few weeks ago.  It should be
available in a week or so (according to r$).  JOVE is not public
domain, but you can snarf it for use on any machine you can get it
up and running on.  If you don't get netnews you can send me a tape
(but send me mail first) and I'll send you the sources.

You're at princeton?  I think there already is a fairly recent
version of JOVE there.  I can even give you the name of the person
to talk to there (hope he doesn't mind).

Jonathan Payne
University of Rochester
jpayne@rochester

tgw@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (12/08/86)

I am not familiar with where the sources are kept for various emacs
including yours.  Where is the mod.sources and how can I get to it?
Anonymous FTP?  I am very interested in any new version of jove.

Thanks,
Tim Wade

tgw@mitre-bedford

jpayne@rochester.ARPA (Jonathan Payne) (12/08/86)

In article <8612081241.AA09700@mitre-bedford.ARPA> tgw@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA writes:
>I am not familiar with where the sources are kept for various emacs
>including yours.  Where is the mod.sources and how can I get to it?
>Anonymous FTP?  I am very interested in any new version of jove.
>
>Thanks,
>Tim Wade
>
>tgw@mitre-bedford

JOVE should be out some time this week on mod.sources, so if your
machine gets that, then great.  If you are on the arpanet you can
ftp rochester, login to anonymous and snarf pub/jove.tar.4.6.1.2.
Otherwise you can send me a tape, but send me a message first.
Hope that's cool with everyone.