[comp.emacs] Newsreader addition

gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) (01/21/87)

I have GNU Emacs version 17.63.2.  If these have been fixed in a later
version please ignore this message.

In Rnews (M-x rnews) the `o' command outputs the current article to a
file.  The letter `o' was chosen to be compatible with Rmail, however
the format of the article in the file is not compatible with the Rmail
file format.  It would be very helpful if these output formats were
compatible.  You could output multiple news articles to a file and
then review them using rmail.

Also add C-c w (append .signature file) to News mode.

Gregg Lobdell
Boeing Aerospace Co.              usenet: {decvax,ihnp4}!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!gml
Seattle, WA                       arpanet: ssc-vax!gml@uw-beaver.arpa
--

wsr@lmi-angel.UUCP (01/28/87)

In article <> gml@ssc-vax.UUCP (Gregory M Lobdell) writes:
>Also add C-c w (append .signature file) to News mode.
>
>Gregg Lobdell
>Boeing Aerospace Co.              usenet: {decvax,ihnp4}!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!gml
>Seattle, WA                       arpanet: ssc-vax!gml@uw-beaver.arpa
>--
>Gregg Lobdell
>Boeing Aerospace Co.              usenet: {decvax,ihnp4}!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!gml
>Seattle, WA                       arpanet: ssc-vax!gml@uw-beaver.arpa

Why, so that everybody can have double signatures at the end of articles? :-)

Please note that Pnews will already append your signature, you
shouldn't do it also.
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht	{harvard|decvax!cca|mit-eddie}!lmi-angel!wsr