[comp.emacs] MicroEMACS 3.8b -- WHERE?

authorplaceholder@duncan.UUCP (01/29/87)

Greetings....

	I have MicroEMACS 3.8b ready to be distributed, and indeed it is
available on my BBS system ((317) 752-5533), but I have seemed to have
lost mod.sources in the newsgroup re-shuffle. Could some kind soul
please Email me a suggestion on where to post (most people seem fairly
vocal on the subject after the fact, so I am asking before). It consists
of 26 shar files of between 30 and 50K, and while I realize that this is
very big for a net posting, the increadable number of people who
requested earlier versions of MicroEMACS convinces me that I will be
posting it.

	So, Please, give an editor a home. Drop me a line and tell me
where you would like to see it, and how I can get it there.

			Daniel Lawrence

			uucp:	ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!duncan!lawrence
			  or	ihnp4!itivax!duncan!lawrence
			arpa:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	The Programmer's Room 201/2
				(317) 742-5533  300/1200 baud  24 hours
			USmail:	617 New York St
				Lafayette, IN 47901
			ATT:	(317) 742-5153

"RCSMST::SPIROS@gmr.com".UUCP (02/02/87)

> Greetings....
>
> 	I have MicroEMACS 3.8b ready to be distributed, and indeed it is
> available on my BBS system ((317) 752-5533), but I have seemed to have
> lost mod.sources in the newsgroup re-shuffle.

> 			Daniel Lawrence
>
> 			uucp:	ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!duncan!lawrence
> 			  or	ihnp4!itivax!duncan!lawrence
> 			arpa:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
> 			FIDO:	The Programmer's Room 201/2
> 				(317) 742-5533  300/1200 baud  24 hours
> 			USmail:	617 New York St
> 				Lafayette, IN 47901
> 			ATT:	(317) 742-5153

I have had LOTS of trouble getting to talk to this system; Using a
PC/AT-G, Hayes 2400 baud modem and Crosstalk 3.61. Equally, no
luck dialing out from VAX 780 thru Kermit and a Rixxon 212A modem.
Using MSKERMIT on said PC had a bit better luck.

I went to about a week's worth of calls to get 3.7i, with lots of
dropped signals, errors, and the such. If anyone would put the
archives in , say, SIMTEL, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Spiros Triantafyllopoulos
GMR Computer Science Dept

caf@omen.UUCP (02/04/87)

:
:I went to about a week's worth of calls to get 3.7i, with lots of
:dropped signals, errors, and the such. If anyone would put the
:archives in , say, SIMTEL, it would be highly appreciated.

I have downloaded the files
-rw-rw-rw-   2 caf      omen      246912 Feb  3 03:46 emacsexe.arc
-rw-rw-rw-   2 caf      omen      219776 Feb  3 00:20 emacssrc.arc
from system "AVATAR" and they are now available in omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic.
I haven't had a chance to run the executables yet, and the sources generate
a fixup overflow error in a Microsoft library module (what else is new?).

I will put these files up on TeleGodzilla also.  I recommend ZMODEM downloads
for these files because the phone lines haven't been to clean lately.
You may need to increase the connect wait time on your modem, and disable
voice recognition in order to connect.  TrailBlazer modem users can use
19200 bps.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX Author of Pro-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf  Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
  Voice: 503-621-3406  17505-V Northwest Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746 2400/1200  CIS:70007,2304  Genie:CAF  Source:TCE022
  omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
  omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly

gordon@warwick.UUCP (02/11/87)

It would be nice to have the source easily available in
Europe. Any pointers to same?

Gordon Joly -- {seismo,ucbvax,decvax}!mcvax!ukc!warwick!gordon

gordon@warwick.UUCP (02/17/87)

In article <403@euclid.warwick.UUCP> gordon@warwick.UUCP (Gordon Joly) writes:
>It would be nice to have the source easily available in
>Europe. Any pointers to same?
>
>Gordon Joly -- {seismo,ucbvax,decvax}!mcvax!ukc!warwick!gordon

We now have the source in the form of 11 shar files.

Gordon Joly,
Department of Computer Science,
Birkbeck College,
Malet Street,