[comp.emacs] Startup file for MicroGnuEmacs?

davis@wanginst.UUCP (02/20/87)

We have MicroGnuEmacs 1a.  Since we're on a LAN, we always need
flow-mode.  I also tend to prefer auto-fill mode.

Is there a startup file (equivalent to ".emacs" for full Gnu)?  Any
special format for commands in such a file?

Another question:  any chance of a Macintosh version?

--
Love's mysteries in souls do grow,
  But yet the body is his book.              --John Donne

franklin a. davis (fad)                      ...roll away...the dew...

mic@ut-ngp.UUCP (02/22/87)

In article <855@wanginst.EDU> davis@wanginst.UUCP (Franklin Davis) writes:

>Is there a startup file (equivalent to ".emacs" for full Gnu)?  Any
>special format for commands in such a file?

Yes there is; you need to compile the editor with STARTUP #defined
(see the instructions for making MG on your system for details).
Here's a copy of my .mg (which should be put in SYS$LOGIN:.MG on VMS,
$HOME/.mg on Unix, and s:.mg on the Amiga). Mike Meyer designed the
startup code to allow things that look like a GNU .emacs, but beware;
all it's really doing is putting the "important" parts of each line
into the input buffer, then executing the line.

------------------------------CUT HERE----------------------------------------
(flow-mode)
(auto-file-mode)
(global-set-key "\eg" 'goto-line)
(global-set-key "\e!" 'recenter)
(global-set-key "\e\^p" 'prefix-region)
(global-set-key "\e\^y" 'insert-buffer)
(global-set-key "\e\^z" 'suspend-emacs)
(global-set-key "\^x\^v" 'find-file)
(blink-matching-paren)
(global-set-key "]" 'blink-matching-paren-hack)
(global-set-key "}" 'blink-matching-paren-hack)

>Another question:  any chance of a Macintosh version?

	I haven't heard of one yet, but there are a lot of hackers out there.
	I've seen ports of other versions (mainly Dan Lawrence's MicroEmacs 3.x)
	once in a while on mod.mac.binaries.

Mic Kaczmarczik
...!seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!mic
mic@ngp.utexas.edu