[comp.emacs] 18.14 mouse versus X, versus sunview

benson@alcatraz.UUCP (05/12/87)

problem 1:

It seems that when we turn on both HAVE_SUN_WINDOWS and HAVE_X_WINDOWS
that the results are not good. In X, emacs refuses to make an
inconified version of itself.

problem 2:

I have never got the mouse clicks to work as advertised in X.
Unshifted clicks are ignored. Shifted clicks are ignored. shift-locked
clicks are not ignored, but are too much trouble for use.

Can't anybody help?
Benson I. Margulies                         Kendall Square Research Corp.
harvard!ksr!benson			    All comments the responsibility
ksr!benson@harvard.harvard.edu		    of the author, if anyone.

mende@aramis.RUTGERS.EDU (Bob Mende) (05/12/87)

> From: benson@alcatraz.ksr.com (Benson Margulies)
> Subject: 18.14 mouse versus X, versus sunview
> Date: 12 May 87 12:06:26 GMT
> problem 2:
>
> I have never got the mouse clicks to work as advertised in X.
> Unshifted clicks are ignored. Shifted clicks are ignored. shift-locked
> clicks are not ignored, but are too much trouble for use.

  If you are using xtools then this might have somthing to do with it.
When I started using X I invoked it with xinit xtools.  Well... that
traped too many of my mouse keys.  So we have (or someone has) added a
hack to xinit to execute a .Xinit file and the combo of that and uwm
(with a f.exit and f.refresh) functions do me well.

					Bob

--
	Bob Mende   	mende@rutgers.edu	{...}!rutgers!mende