[comp.emacs] Anybody got JOVE bug fixes?

mark@osupyr.UUCP (05/29/87)

Does anyone have any of the JOVE 4.5 bug fixes? I understand that they
appeared on the net a while back.....?

Thanxalot in advance
--mark
- Mark Welch / 1528 Neil Ave #C / Columbus OH 43201-2341 / 614 299 1297      -
- UUCP: cbosgd!osupyr!mark                                                   -
-       {cbosgd, cbatt}!osu-eddie!osupyr!mark                                -
- Any email under 200 degrees greatly appreciated.                           -
- `More bowling balls, man! More bowling balls!'                             -

jpayne@rochester.ARPA (Jonathan Payne) (05/29/87)

In article <337@osupyr.UUCP> mark@osupyr.UUCP (Mark Welch) writes:

>Does anyone have any of the JOVE 4.5 bug fixes? I understand that they
>appeared on the net a while back.....?

The bug fix you probably care most about is this one:
	In getblock() near the beginning, change

		if (lastb != 0 && lastb->b_bno == bno)
			return lastb->b_buf + off;
		if (lastb != 0 && lastb->b_bno == bno) {
			lastb->b_dirty |= iof;
			return lastb->b_buf + off;
		}

That caused major damage to buffers in very unpredictable ways.

I plan to send out updates for the mod.sources posting of JOVE in
a few days (now that I have a little time).  You might want to look
at those, too.

		Jonathan Payne

		jpayne@bfly-vax.bbn.com (or above address)