[comp.emacs] exiting from recursive edits in GNU Emacs

janssen@milano.UUCP (06/01/87)

Actually in response to J. Morrison's question about exiting from
recursive edits:

Use "exit-recursive-edit" (C-M-c) to get out of the recursive edit
session (one level).  Use "M-x top-level" to get all the way out.

I got this information by typing "<C-h> i" for info, "m ema<ret>" for
the Emacs node, "m recurs<ret>" for the Recursive Edit node.

Bill
--
 Bill Janssen, MCC Software Technology Program
 ARPA:  janssen@sw.mcc.com

nate@cpocd2.UUCP (Nate Hess) (06/03/87)

In article <4626@milano.UUCP> janssen@milano.UUCP writes:
>I got this information by typing "<C-h> i" for info, "m ema<ret>" for
>the Emacs node, "m recurs<ret>" for the Recursive Edit node.
>
>Bill

If you're lazy like me, you can get to the Emacs node by simply typing
"2" upon entering info mode, since that is the second menu item listed.
Similarly, you could get to the GDB node by typing "4".

This information can be found in the Expert node under Info in the
directory node.

Happy Emacsing!
--Nate Hess
--
	   "How did you get your mind to tilt like your hat?"

...!{decwrl|hplabs!oliveb|pur-ee|qantel|amd}!intelca!mipos3!cpocd2!nate
<domainish> :   nate@cpocd2.intel.com		ATT :    (602) 961-2037