[comp.emacs] Looking for Spell checkers and Mailers for GnuEmacs

hugh@hoptoad.uucp (Hugh Daniel) (06/25/87)

  I would like to know of any mail packages for GnuEmacs that are
beyond Rmail, like is anyone porting Zmail to GnuEmacs.  I do know
of mh, and I have been hacking up Rmail on my own but I have not
found anything else.
  I also would like to know of any good spell checkers around, I have
changed the standard one some what and it really needs more.  What I
want most is for it to try to come up with a compleation list for the
word I miss-spelled.  (Also query-replace is not so hot, is there another
interface/standard/implementation around?)
  Thanks for any code, help or pointers.

	Hugh Daniel
hugh@hoptoad.uucp hugh@lll-crg.arpa hugh@m-net.uucp

--

hugh@hoptoad.uucp hugh@ingres.berkeley.edu /wiscarpa%"hugh@lll-crg.arpa"

jcollas@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (Juan Collas) (06/25/87)

In article <2333@hoptoad.uucp>, hugh@hoptoad.uucp (Hugh Daniel) writes:
>   I also would like to know of any good spell checkers around, I have
> changed the standard one some what and it really needs more.  What I
> want most is for it to try to come up with a compleation list for the
> word I miss-spelled.
>   Thanks for any code, help or pointers.
>
> 	Hugh Daniel

There's a program based on the TOPS-20 program ISPELL called, interestingly
enough, ISPELL.  It was posted to mod.sources or something like that
recently.  It's in late beta test stage, and it comes with a gnuemacs
interface.  We just installed it here, and so far it seems pretty good.
It gives you a completion list for each possibly misspelled word.

If you wish, I can make it available for anonymous ftp.

	-Juan Collas, MIT Lincoln Laboratory

bob@wiley.UUCP (Bob Amstadt) (06/26/87)

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.36.2 of Mon Feb 23 1987 on alvin (berkeley-unix)

In article <2333@hoptoad.uucp> hugh@hoptoad.uucp (Hugh Daniel) writes:

>   I would like to know of any mail packages for GnuEmacs that are
> beyond Rmail, like is anyone porting Zmail to GnuEmacs.  I do know
> of mh, and I have been hacking up Rmail on my own but I have not
> found anything else.

Have you tried the Gnu Emacs interface to mh?

		---Bob Amstadt

		bob@wiley.uucp
		{csvax.caltech.edu,trwrb.uucp}!wiley!bob