[comp.emacs] Commercially supported emacs for VMS?

peter@julian.UUCP (08/23/87)

We are looking for a terminal independent editor for our VMS machines.  It
must support strange terminals like Volker-Craig VC404 and Cybernex Xl84
terminals.  We had a version of GNU emacs in for evaluation, but the
packaging was not too good and some people here started to get the jitters
about it.  They are not willing to spend the time making an emacs expert out
of anyone (probably because all the candidates have VT100 terminals, have
learned EVE or EDT and can't be bothered).  We are therefore looking for
supported version of emacs.  This would include printed manuals, a little
hand holding and a bug free package.

If someone could point me at such a source, I would be grateful.
--
Peter Marshall, Data Comm. Manager
CCS, U. of Western Ontario, London, Canada N6A 5B7

pac@munsell.UUCP (Paul Czarnecki) (08/26/87)

In article <823@julian.UWO.CDN> peter@julian.UWO.CDN (Peter Marshall) writes:
> We are looking for a terminal independent editor for our VMS
> machines.

Try Uniworks Inc.
	(215) 527-0600
	(800) 222-0214	; outside MA

Try Unipress Software
	(201) 985-8000
	(800) 828-8649	; inside NJ?
	(800) 222-0555

Last time I've checked both these companies sold Emacses for VMS.
Since I used to work for Uniworks I'll refrain from commenting on the
relative merits of their products.

					pZ
--
			       Paul Czarnecki -- My newsfeed's in Esperanto
	{{harvard,ll-xn}!adelie,{decvax,allegra,talcott}!encore}!munsell!pz