[comp.emacs] is there an X version of GDB

MANSFIEL@EMBL.BITNET (Niall Mansfield) (09/03/87)

1. Is there a version of the GNU debugger GDB tailored for
   use with X?

   (Someone a while back asked about a 'gdbtool', which I
   assume was a Suntools version - is there such a thing?)

2. If so, is there anyone who would please please please
   mail it to me?

Thanks,

Niall

jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard) (09/03/87)

In article <8709031217.AA08940@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> MANSFIEL@EMBL.BITNET (Niall Mansfield) writes:

>1. Is there a version of the GNU debugger GDB tailored for
>   use with X?
>
>   (Someone a while back asked about a 'gdbtool', which I
>   assume was a Suntools version - is there such a thing?)
>
>2. If so, is there anyone who would please please please
>   mail it to me?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Niall

I've been making slow (but stately) progress on this for a long time.
It hasn't been one of my big projects, since I'm waiting for a more
stable version of the X11 toolkit (and X11) to use. I intend to begin
working on it seriously starting Sep 15th.  If there is popular interest
(send me E-mail) I will up it a few notches in priority. I'd also welcome
any suggestions on preferred interfaces.

P.S. RMS: Is 1.8 the latest version of gdb to come out? Should I be working/
waiting on something better?

					Jordan Hubbard
					U.C. Berkeley

					jkh@violet.berkeley.edu