[comp.emacs] Request for latest MicroEMACS, MicroSPELL, MicroSCRIBE

lowey@sask.UUCP (Kevin Lowey) (11/06/87)

Hi,

  Does anyone have the latest (3.9) release of MicroEMACS, and the other
products (MicroSPELL and MicroSCRIBE if it exists)?  If so, I'd really like
to get it.  I use an MS-DOS machine, but I run a BBS so I would like to get
as many versions (Mac, Atari-ST, Amiga, VMS, UNIX ...) as possible.

Thanks,
| Kevin Lowey                    |The above is the personal opinion of Kevin |
| University of Saskatchewan     |Lowey.  It does not reflect the position of|
| Computing Services             |the University of Saskatchewan in any way. |
| SaskTel: (306) 966-4826        |                                           |
| Bitnet:LOWEY@SASK. (preferred) |I am in no way affiliated with any of the  |
| UUCP:...!ihnp4!sask!lowey.uucp |above mentioned companies other than U of S|
|________________________________|___________________________________________|

ae3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Steve Gerber) (11/13/87)

In article <934@sask.UUCP> lowey@sask.UUCP (Kevin Lowey) writes:
>  Does anyone have the latest (3.9) release of MicroEMACS, and the other
>products (MicroSPELL and MicroSCRIBE if it exists)?  If so, I'd really like
>to get it.  I use an MS-DOS machine, but I run a BBS so I would like to get
>as many versions (Mac, Atari-ST, Amiga, VMS, UNIX ...) as possible.

     The latest version of MicroEMACS is 3.9e.  (note the jump from 3.9).
MicroSpell is still version 1.0 and I don't believe an update is forthcoming.
The original version is very stable from what I have heard.  Dan is still
working on MicroScribe.  The last target date I was informed of was
January 1988.  If you want to pick them up off of USENET, I believe they
(emacs and spell) are being posted in the forthcoming week, if not already.
All the files are available at the following two BBS's in Lafayette, IN.
The Programmer's Room  317-742-5533   1200 baud         IFNA 201/2
The Starship Trooper   317-423-2281   2400/1200 baud    IFNA 201/1
  Both systems are running Opus and 201/1 does File Requests to other Opus.

--
Steve Gerber  Purdue Univ. Computing Center - Micro Repair 317/494-1787 ext 242
   ARPA:    ae3@j.cc.purdue.edu