[comp.emacs] uEMACS 3.9 problem

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (11/16/87)

   I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think there
is a bug in MicroEMACS 3.9, which has appeared since the last version
I had, 3.8b. The problem comes from the following two lines in my
emacs.rc file:

bind-to-key describe-bindings FNk	; Alt-F4
bind-to-key execute-buffer FNo		; Alt-F8

   This used to bind the Alt-F4 and Alt-F8 keys to the above functions,
but now it doesn't. Instead, I find that it has bound the left-arrow on
the numeric keypad, and the (if I remember correctly) F9 key to the same
functions. These keys correspond to FNK and FNO in uEmacs terminology,
so it appears that they are being converted to upper case.

   I haven't been able to trace the problem yet, and don't see anything
in the documentation mentioning a change, so it looks like a bug, unless
I compiled it wrong. I changed estruct.h to define MSDOS, MSC, and IBMPC
as 1, with the other related definitions all zero. Did I miss something,
or is there actually a bug?

-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."

I wrote:
>   I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think there
>is a bug in MicroEMACS 3.9, which has appeared since the last version
>I had, 3.8b. The problem comes from the following two lines in my
>emacs.rc file:

   I've been sent the fix to this. Thanks. Maybe the problem won't even
appear in the latest version, which arrived at our site a few minutes
after I posted my request for help. Talk about timing!