[comp.emacs] Bug in Gnu SENDMAIL.EL

rusty@vertigo.UUCP (11/11/87)

I don't read this news group that often but has anyone noticed
that sendmail, if taking aliases from a .mailrc file, does not
"allow" a second address after the first if the first is an
alias???

For example:

My .mailrc file says:

	alias hymm foo!baz
	alias her foo!bar

and I put

	To: hymm her

Sendmail.el, when it tries to expand the aliases, will not expand the
second alias.   It also chokes if the second address is an explicit
address.  Mail comes back to me with the aliases not expanded or partially
expande (i.e. one alias is the other(s) aren't).

I'm running GNU V18.41 under BSD4.2 on a NS32016 system.  Has sendmail
been modified to fix this problem?

				-Rusty-
--
Rusty Haddock {{uunet!likewise!}cbosgd,rutgers!moss}!vertigo!rusty
AT&T-IS Consumer Products Laboratories - Human Factors Laboratory

nate@cpocd2.UUCP (11/17/87)

In article <175@vertigo.UUCP> rusty@vertigo.UUCP (M.W.HADDOCK) writes:
>My .mailrc file says:
>	alias hymm foo!baz
>	alias her foo!bar
>and I put
>	To: hymm her

Changing the line to

To: hymm, her

should do the trick.  If I sendmail 'To: nate nate', Emacs throws in the
comma for me.  However, if I 'alias me nate' in my .mailrc, 'To: me me'
gives an error.

I'm running 18.47, but it should still work for 18.41.
--woodstock
--
	   "How did you get your mind to tilt like your hat?"

...!{decwrl|hplabs!oliveb|pur-ee|qantel|amd}!intelca!mipos3!cpocd2!nate
<domainish> :   nate@cpocd2.intel.com		ATT :    (602) 961-2037

dan@math.uiuc.edu (11/17/87)

Try putting commas between the aliases in the address field of the letter.