[comp.emacs] Documentation for uEmacs

ljz@fxgrp.UUCP (11/18/87)

We just got the latest uEmacs at our site.  We're a relatively new
site and this is the first time we've gotten a hold of uEmacs.  It
compiled successfully and seems to work just fine, but the posting
didn't contain any help files, documentation, README files, sample
procedure files, etc., so could someone net-mail those things to me at
the address below?  We are unable to use FTP or anything like that, so
net-mail would have to be the way to go.

The INTERNET address (below) is the most reliable way to reach me
if you don't know how to get to the 'ames' site.

Thank you very much in advance.

Lloyd Zusman
Master Byte Software
Los Gatos, California                 UUCP:      ...!ames!fxgrp!ljz
"We take things well in hand."        INTERNET:  fxgrp!ljz@ames.arpa

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (11/19/87)

In article <163@fxgrp.UUCP> fxgrp!ljz@ames.arpa (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
>We just got the latest uEmacs at our site.
>....but the posting
>didn't contain any help files, documentation, README files, sample
>procedure files, etc.,

	Hold on for this, Brandom should be posting the docs and
other pieces shortly, he is waiting on the reference manual from me.

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533

ljz@fxgrp.UUCP (11/20/87)

In article <5819@j.cc.purdue.edu> nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Daniel Lawrence) writes:
>In article <163@fxgrp.UUCP> fxgrp!ljz@ames.arpa (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
>>We just got the latest uEmacs at our site.
>>....but the posting
>>didn't contain any help files, documentation, README files, sample
>>procedure files, etc.,
>
>	Hold on for this, Brandom should be posting the docs and
>other pieces shortly, he is waiting on the reference manual from me.

It arrived, but the archive "med.4" has an error ... the last few lines
of it are ...

     .     .
     .     .
     .     .

    X	add-mode wrap
    X	add-global-mode wrap
    X	write-message "[Wordprocesing mode loaded]"
    FRIDAY_NIGHT
    echo extracting -
    sed 's/^X//' >  << 'FRIDAY_NIGHT'
    XXFRIDAY_NIGHT

the "XXFRIDAY_NIGHT" line is the last line.  This appears identically
on two completely different sites (with widely varying usenet paths)
that I have access to, and hence I think either some stuff didn't get
shar-ed properly, or else perhaps an early uucp transmission got sick.

Due to this, some of the documentation didn't make it, including the
"emacs.mss" file.  If someone has a complete "med.4" file, could
he or she post or net-mail it to me at the below address (the address
labeled "INTERNET" seems to work the best).

Patiently,

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (11/20/87)

>/* Written  8:24 pm  Nov 19, 1987 by ljz@fxgrp in silver:comp.emacs */
>In article <5819@j.cc.purdue.edu> nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Daniel Lawrence) writes:
>>In article <163@fxgrp.UUCP> fxgrp!ljz@ames.arpa (Lloyd Zusman) writes:
>>>We just got the latest uEmacs at our site.
>>>....but the posting
>>>didn't contain any help files, documentation, README files, sample
>>>procedure files, etc.,
>>
>>	Hold on for this, Brandom should be posting the docs and
>>other pieces shortly, he is waiting on the reference manual from me.
>
>It arrived, but the archive "med.4" has an error ... the last few lines
>of it are ...

   The same thing happened at our site (see my message in comp.sources.d).
I think a repost of part 4 may be in order.

Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."