[comp.emacs] uEmacs 3.9e bugs

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (12/13/87)

   I think someone posted a fix to the shell problem, however it seems
it was just to remove the new code and revert to the old. Anyone have a
fix of the new code for MSC 4.0?

   Another problem I just noticed that I haven't seen mentioned is that
CMODE no longer comes up automatically. Before, when I edited a .c or
.h file, it would automatically put me into CMODE, but now I have to
^X M when I want to use it.

   I'd appreciate any fixes for these problems, because right now I'd be
better off if I still had 3.8.

-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu
"F-14 Tomcat! There IS no substitute."

larry@jc3b21.UUCP (Lawrence F. Strickland) (12/14/87)

in article <517@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) says:

>    Another problem I just noticed that I haven't seen mentioned is that
> CMODE no longer comes up automatically. Before, when I edited a .c or
> .h file, it would automatically put me into CMODE, but now I have to

The CMODE stuff has been moved to the startup file, emacs.rc or .emacsrc

The only problem is that the startup file disappeared during the transmission
of the documentation.  In the doc's packet, though, is a file called st520.rc
which was for the Atari.  It appears (to me at least) to be a standard
emacs.rc startup file.  The code for CMODE is contained therein.

Note that this startup file is the new one with multiple pages.  Thus the files
ending in .cmd that have the word 'page' in them (bpage.cmd for example) must
also be included in your path somewhere.

I'm working on an emacs.rc for UNIX that uses my function key definitions and
allows up to 10 function keys (more if you use termcap instead of terminfo)
and will program the function keys for a vt100-like (I'm using a Wyse 85)
terminal.  Anyone interested, yell...

-larry
--
+--------------------------------------+-- St. Petersburg Junior College --+
|        Lawrence F. Strickland        |   P.O. Box 13489                  |

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (12/15/87)

In article <517@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) writes:
>    Another problem I just noticed that I haven't seen mentioned is that
> CMODE no longer comes up automatically. Before, when I edited a .c or
> .h file, it would automatically put me into CMODE, but now I have to
> ^X M when I want to use it.
> -	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
> Steve Creps on the VAX 8650 running Ultrix 2.0-1 at Indiana University.
> 	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu

The setting of CMODE has been incorporated into the emacs.rc (or .emacsrc)
file. Have a look at some of the sample files that were included with
the Emacs sources.

As long as I'm writing, and to fool the line counter, I should mention
that 3.9 went together on my Atari ST just fine. Not even a warning from
the compiler. However, someone added a new sound table for the bell,
and it has problems. It uses two of the sound channels, but forgets to
disable channel B. I replaced it with the normal ST Bing.

--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels