[comp.emacs] micro-emacs3.9e, file error.cmd

decouty@irisa.UUCP (Bertrand Decouty) (12/18/87)

In appendix A of me3.9 reference manual, it is stated that "-A" flag
on command line causes emacs to load startup file "error.cmd".

Is this file available now?

I think it can be very useful for Mark Williams C users (I am one of them).

By the way me3.9 runs fine on Atari ST under MSH.

Thanks.

 ----- Bertrand DECOUTY @ INRIA-IRISA (Centre de Rennes) -----
EMAIL : decouty@rapido.irisa.fr
UUCP  : {mcvax!}inria!irisa!decouty
        decouty@irisa.UUCP
BITNET: DECOUTY@FRCICB71
POST  : IRISA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, FRANCE
PHONE : +33  99 36 20 00
TELEX : 950473 UNIRISA
FAX   : +33  99 38 38 32"

wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) (12/22/87)

In article <206@irisa.UUCP>, decouty@irisa.UUCP (Bertrand Decouty) writes:

> In appendix A of me3.9 reference manual, it is stated that "-A" flag
> on command line causes emacs to load startup file "error.cmd".
> I think it can be very useful for Mark Williams C users (I am one of them).

I agree, it would be nice, but it's not right the right option.  I wrote
a small C program that just prints its arguments, and called it me.prg
(the name Mark Williams gives to their uEmacs derivative) and put it in
my \bin directory.  Then I ran the C compiler on a program with a
deliberate error so it would invoke my me.prg.  Well, the option the
compiler used was -e, not -A.  This would be an easy fix, but uEmacs
uses the -e option for something else.  What I was thinking of was a
small program called me.prg which changes the -e to a -A and runs
emacs.prg.  Then the file error.cmd would become useful.  Anybody got
one yet?

--
     Gerry Wheeler                           Phone: (519)884-2251
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.               UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!wheels

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (12/23/87)

In article <357@mks.UUCP> wheels@mks.UUCP (Gerry Wheeler) writes:
>In article <206@irisa.UUCP>, decouty@irisa.UUCP (Bertrand Decouty) writes:
>>
>> In appendix A of me3.9 reference manual, it is stated that "-A" flag
>> on command line causes emacs to load startup file "error.cmd".
>> I think it can be very useful for Mark Williams C users (I am one of them).
>
>I agree, it would be nice, but it's not right the right option.  I wrote
>a small C program that just prints its arguments, and called it me.prg
 					Well, the option the
>compiler used was -e, not -A.  This would be an easy fix, but uEmacs
>uses the -e option for something else.

Your right, however I have been in contact with the people at MWC and
they have agreed to switch to using -A to get around my switch problem.
You might also see uEMACS 3.9e or some close version coming from them at
thier next update.

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533