[comp.emacs] test version of G++, the GNU C++ co

grunwald@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu (01/09/88)

On a similar subject, does anyone know of back-ends for Gnu C or Gnu C++
for machines other than Vaxen & Suns? In particular, I am looking for
the NS32032 (for Encore) and 80x86 (would like 286 or, better yet, 386).

Someone should create 'comp.gnu' or somesuch for questions of this ilk.

bob@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (01/13/88)

In article <4300002@uiucdcsm> grunwald@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>... back-ends for Gnu C or Gnu C++ for machines other than Vaxen &
>Suns? In particular, I am looking for the NS32032 (for Encore)...

The following files appeared in the gcc-1.17 distribution:

config-ns32k.h
ns32k.md
output-ns32k.c
tm-ns32k.h

I haven't tried them on our Encore yet.

>Someone should create 'comp.gnu' or somesuch for questions of this ilk.

The info-gnu mailing list has such low volume that it would be hard to
justify turning it into a newsgroup.
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277

wilkes@mips.UUCP (John Wilkes) (01/14/88)

In article <4300002@uiucdcsm> grunwald@uiucdcsm.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>Someone should create 'comp.gnu' or somesuch for questions of this ilk.

Errrrr, ummmmm....  Shouldn't that be alt.gnu ??  ;-) ;-) ;-)
                                      ---

(Pardon the bandwidth, but I couldn't resist!)
--
-- @work:
--		  {decwrl,ames,pyramid,prls}!mips!wilkes

matt@oddjob.UChicago.EDU (Godfather to putty-tats) (01/17/88)

John Wilkes writes:
) Errrrr, ummmmm....  Shouldn't that be alt.gnu ??  ;-) ;-) ;-)

Actually that sounds like a perfectly good idea to me, without
smileys.  It might attract new sites to the alt net and various
half-baked anti-gnu flamers could be directed away from here.

				Matt