[comp.emacs] m-ridge.h and s-ros.h files for emacs on ridge

rosalia@faraday.sunysb.edu (Mark Galassi) (01/21/88)

Does anyone have m-ridge.h and s-ros.h files (or whatever names you
might use) for the GNU emacs distribution?  I am in this very second
compiling it on our ridges, and I made up "ad hoc" files.

If so, could you please send them to me?  I suspect that I might get
crazy errors.  In any case, even if you don't have such files, do you
know where the ROS equivalent of "/unix" or "/vmunix" is?  We run
ROS 3.5, and in / and /ros I found no executables that seemed to do
the same thing.  Thanks,
--
						Mark Galassi
				    	...!{sbcs,icus}!mozart!rosalia

fink@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU (Paul Fink) (01/25/88)

In article <125@faraday.sunysb.edu> rosalia@faraday.UUCP (Mark Galassi) writes:
>Does anyone have m-ridge.h and s-ros.h files (or whatever names you
>might use) for the GNU emacs distribution?  I am in this very second
>compiling it on our ridges, and I made up "ad hoc" files.
>
>If so, could you please send them to me?  I suspect that I might get
>crazy errors.  In any case, even if you don't have such files, do you
>know where the ROS equivalent of "/unix" or "/vmunix" is?  We run
>ROS 3.5, and in / and /ros I found no executables that seemed to do
>the same thing.  Thanks,
>--

Lots of luck!

   There are no /unix or /vmunix in ROS. ROS is NOT Unix its ROS what
   ever that is.

   GNU emacs can be a real pain to bring up on odd ball systems. I do
   know that microemacs runs fine under ROS.

   But if you do get it up let me know I might try to .............
   On second thought don't bother I don't have time to try it again.

   Good luck
   paul