[comp.emacs] MicroEmacs 3.9e on the IBMPC

jimt@felix.UUCP (James Tringali) (01/23/88)

I am having trouble with the "Accessing the Operating System"
functions on my newly acquired version of MicroEmacs (3.9e).
For example, I do a 'shell-command' followed by a 'DIR' and
the program comes back with '[END]', i.e. no directory list
is displayed. I guess my main question is should all of the
commands work ( except for the 'suspend-emacs' command which
is documented to only work with BSD UNIX ) or is there something
that the documentation is not telling me about the PC environment?

Note:

The executable was compiled for a monochrome PC using the MicroSoft
Version 4.0 C compiler.

					       J. James Tringali
					   Electronic Design Engineer
					  FileNet Corp. Costa Mesa, CA.
					{decvax,ucbvax}!trwrb!felix!jimt

There is no time in space....
i.e. there are no chronologies
which can be calibrated.

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (02/02/88)

In article <19333@felix.UUCP> jimt@felix.UUCP (James Tringali) writes:

>I am having trouble with the "Accessing the Operating System"
>functions on my newly acquired version of MicroEmacs (3.9e).
>For example, I do a 'shell-command' followed by a 'DIR' and
>the program comes back with '[END]', i.e. no directory list
>is displayed.

	Yes, all of the others should work properly. If you have filled
up memory EMACS will behave as above... or there might as of yet be a
problem with MicroSoft C..(I do not own that compiler) but I know the
current development source works with it. You can get binaries off my
BBS (listed below) which has the command working.

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	1:201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533