[comp.emacs] MINCE revisited

ram@lscvax.UUCP (Ric Messier) (03/07/88)

After following the MINCE (controversy the proper word here?) and
wondering if I would ever get a chance to see the software myself (as
well as drooling over the specs of Final Word II as outlined in PC
Magazine). Well, I have since learned that the guy I am working with
(under?) has a copy of it and he told me that it was shareware when he
got it. Is this true? The version he has is 2.61. Was it shareware?

--
- Kilroy                                                 ram@lscvax.UUCP
'Just what cowpatch is Lyndonville, Vermont in anyway?'

                                                         *** Can't deal, &CRASH

jimc@iscuva.ISCS.COM (Jim Cathey) (03/15/88)

In article <396@lscvax.UUCP> ram@lscvax.UUCP (Ric Messier) writes:
>Magazine). Well, I have since learned that the guy I am working with
>(under?) has a copy of it and he told me that it was shareware when he
>got it. Is this true? The version he has is 2.61. Was it shareware?

MINCE was never shareware.  It was marketed by MOTU at first, and source
and full rights were sold to Perfect Software, who remarketed the thing
as Perfect Writer.

+----------------+
! II      CCCCCC !  Jim Cathey
! II  SSSSCC     !  ISC Systems Corp.
! II      CC     !  TAF-C8;  Spokane, WA  99220
! IISSSS  CC     !  UUCP: uunet!iscuva!jimc
! II      CCCCCC !  (509) 927-5757
+----------------+
			"With excitement like this, who is needing enemas?"

aglew@ccvaxa.UUCP (03/18/88)

>MINCE was never shareware.  It was marketed by MOTU at first, and source
>and full rights were sold to Perfect Software, who remarketed the thing
>as Perfect Writer.

Are you sure? A long time ago, when I first got onto PDP-11s and the first
8 bitters, I think I remember a copy of MINCE passing through my hands that
was marked as being put together by Peter Grogono (of the PASCAL book), for PD.

This may be really pushing it. It may be a different MINCE.
Peter's probably on the net (is anybody at Concordia reading this?).