[comp.emacs] RMAIL in Gnuemacs

uday@mips.COM (Robert Redford) (05/12/88)

     I lost my mail using RMAIL for the second time in the last two
     weeks. I do not think that I did anything taboo.

     Does anyone know why this is happening?

                                     ..Uday

wje@mips.COM (William J. Earl) (05/16/88)

> In article <2169@gumby.mips.COM> uday@mips.COM (Robert Redford) writes:
> ~
> ~          I lost my mail using RMAIL for the second time in the last two
> ~          weeks. I do not think that I did something taboo.
> ~
> ~          Does any one know why this is happening?
>
> Disk full?  I've seen disk full cause RMAIL file lossage in the past.
>
> -wilkes

    This problem is also present in /usr/ucb/mail.
--
	William J. Earl			wje@mips.com
	MIPS Computer Systems		408-720-1700