[comp.emacs] Fun with the Doctor!

mcgrath@TULLY.BERKELEY.EDU (Roland McGrath) (05/22/88)

I have figured out a sure-fire way to get Dr. Eliza Emacs, PhD
(offices in doctor.el) to speak pure gibberish!  Just keep hitting
return and she'll read what she last said as your answer!

Some gems gleaned from the good Doctor by this method:

When did you first know that do I say I am annoyed?

What happened when did me first know that do you say you are annoyed?

Are you sure all there is to it the real reason explain anything else?

Of course, once she starts spitting out nonsense, she will
psycho-analyze her own nonsense and spit out yet more weirdness!

jal@occrsh.ATT.COM (J_Allen_Schones) (05/23/88)

In article <8805212355.AA02371@tully.Berkeley.EDU> mcgrath@TULLY.BERKELEY.EDU (Roland McGrath) writes:
>I have figured out a sure-fire way to get Dr. Eliza Emacs, PhD
>(offices in doctor.el) to speak pure gibberish!  Just keep hitting
>return and she'll read what she last said as your answer!

Another fun thing I like to do when I'm stuck on a programming problem
is to use the output from fortune to send to the doctor.  Use
^UM-!fortune -s -o<RETURN><RETURN>.  For example:

I am the psychotherapist.  Please, describe your problems.  Each time
you are finished talking, type RET twice.

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who has never
learned to walk.
		-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Why do you say that?

"The voters have spoken, the bastards ..."

Is it because do I say that the voters have spoken the bastards that
you came to me?

"When I grow up, I want to be an honest lawyer so things like that
can't happen."
		-- Richard Nixon as a boy (on the Teapot Dome scandal)

Does it bother you that do you say that the voters have spoken the
bastards that I came to you when you grow up you want to be a honest
lawyer so things like that cannot happen richard nixon as a boy on the
teapot dome scandal?

********************

Can get pretty twisted.
--
J. Allen Schones -- AT&T -- Oklahoma City Works
 MAIL: 7725 W. Reno -- Oklahoma City, OK -- 73126-0060 -- Dept: 11OC0307720

rbj@ICST-CMR.ARPA (Root Boy Jim) (05/23/88)

Of course, you realize that *everything* the doctor says is gibberish :-)
Now we need to code up `psychoanalyze-doctor' :-)

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (05/24/88)

C'mon. folks.  Haven't you tried M-x psychoanalyze-pinhead?  You'll
like it.  I want a WESSON OIL lease!!
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr