[comp.emacs] Problems with GNU 18.51 on VAX/VMS

ram@actnyc.UUCP (Ray Milkey) (05/25/88)

I recently updated our VMS GNU Emacs from 18.37 to 18.51.  Emacs
mostly works, but any time a keyboard interrupt (^G) is generated, the
bindings for the vt100/vt200 cursor keys are lost.  The keymap for
ESC-[ is still there, but does not function.  The same Emacs source
compiled for our BSD pyramid machine works fine.  Has anyone else
encountered this problem?

bobcoe@cca.CCA.COM (Robert K. Coe) (05/26/88)

In article <911@actnyc.UUCP> ram@actnyc.UUCP (Ray Milkey) writes:
}I recently updated our VMS GNU Emacs from 18.37 to 18.51.  Emacs
}mostly works, but any time a keyboard interrupt (^G) is generated, the
}bindings for the vt100/vt200 cursor keys are lost.  The keymap for
}ESC-[ is still there, but does not function.  The same Emacs source
}compiled for our BSD pyramid machine works fine.  Has anyone else
}encountered this problem?

Why is it that at least half the people who ask for help over the network
provide no usable reply address?
--
=> Robert K. Coe          |Advanced|           bobcoe@aitd.cca.com           <=
=> Computer Corp of Amer. | Info.  | [...!]{decvax,linus,mirror}!cca!bobcoe  <=

bd@hpsemc.HP.COM (bob desinger) (05/29/88)

> Why is it that at least half the people who ask for help over the network
> provide no usable reply address?

You *can* get an address from the article header.  The header on my
machine indicates uunet!actnyc!ram.  Or use the full header if you
don't mind your message taking an extra week to get back there.  If
your news-reading program doesn't let you see headers when you want,
you have bigger troubles than not being able to respond to someone's
requests for help.

Another reason may be that he doesn't want you to reply to him by
mail.  Maybe he wants a netwide response.

-- bd