[comp.emacs] Emacs help needed

gsh7w@astsun1.acc.virginia.edu (Greg Hennessy) (06/22/88)

I am attempting an installation of GNUMACS for the very first time
on a sun3/50. I have version 17.64 and have no idea how out of date
this is. I can generate the executable of "temacs" ok but the
executable of "xemacs" gets a segmentation fault which I cannot seem
to track down. By doing a #define CANNOT_DUMP then all seems fine
in that it runs correctly, but the startup time is rather long.
Does anyone out in netland have any ideas what I should do to
get emacs running so the dump goes correctly?

-Greg Hennessy, University of Virginia
 USPS Mail:     Astronomy Department, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475 USA
 Internet:      gsh7w@virginia.edu
 UUCP:		...!uunet!virginia!gsh7w
Newsgroups: comp.emacs
Subject: Emacs help needed