[comp.emacs] Shell-prompt-pattern value

rrw@cci632.UUCP (Richard R. Wessman) (06/29/88)

I am trying to set the variable "shell-prompt-pattern" so that emacs
will recognize the prompt "Si, senor[ccird1]? ". So far, I have not
been having any luck. Emacs continues to parse the second word of
the prompt as a command. Is there any way around this?

				Thanks,

				Rick Wessman
				ritcv!cci632!rrw
				rlgvax!cci632!rrw
				uunet!ccicpg!cci632!rrw
--
				Rick Wessman
				rochester!cci632!rrw

arc1@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (A.R.Curtis) (06/30/88)

In article <14029@cci632.UUCP> rrw@cci632.UUCP (Richard R. Wessman) writes:
>I am trying to set the variable "shell-prompt-pattern" so that emacs
>will recognize the prompt "Si, senor[ccird1]? ".

I got emacs to accept everything ok when I set
shell-prompt-pattern to be

         (setq shell-prompt-pattern "Si, senor\[ccird1\]\? ")

I was running Tenex C-shell in emacs with

          set prompt = "Si, senor[ccird1]? "

Could you say what you actually set it to yourself?

--
Tony Curtis, Computing Lab.                | arc1@uk.ac.ukc
Univ. Kent at Canterbury                   |