[comp.emacs] Looking for GNU-Emacs shell mode

rdp@spike.UUCP (Richard Palmer) (06/13/88)

Does anyone have code for a Korn or Bourne mode
on GNU-Emacs that he/she could e-mail to me?

mic@hpesrgd.HP.COM (Marc Clarke) (06/17/88)

Here too, please.

Marc Illsley Clarke, clarke%hplb29a@hplabs.HP.COM,
Design Technology Laboratory,
Circuit Technology Group Research and Development
Post G8, Mail Stop 55, Building 2-Upper, Fort Collins Facility
Hewlett-Packard, 3404 E. Harmony Road, Fort Collins, CO 80525
HP-TELNET: 1-229-3376  BELL: (303)-229-3376

arc1@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (A.R.Curtis) (06/22/88)

In article <560006@hpesrgd.HP.COM> mic@hpesrgd.HP.COM (Marc Clarke) writes:
>Here too, please.
>
>Marc Illsley Clarke, clarke%hplb29a@hplabs.HP.COM,

I wrote a csh-shell script mode a while ago for GNU. It
isn't the greatest thing in the world, but it does seem to
do what it claims. It's rather slow, and mis-matches things
(I didn't do a proper parse job). If anyone wants to extend
it, feel free.......... I'll post it if people want to see
it (I may even have posted it quite a while ago, but that
may have been just in the U.K.)

A generic shell template would be nice - anyone listening...?

echo ynoT | rev

--
Tony Curtis, Computing Lab.                | arc1@uk.ac.ukc
Univ. Kent at Canterbury                   |

maujd@warwick.UUCP (Geoff Rimmer) (06/27/88)

In article <135@spike.UUCP> rdp@spike.UUCP (Richard Palmer) writes:
>Does anyone have code for a Korn or Bourne mode
>on GNU-Emacs that he/she could e-mail to me?

Could someone email me a copy as well, please.  Also, if anyone's got
a csh-mode (incl. electric csh-mode ?), could they also mail me that!

Thanks
Geoff
	Geoff Rimmer, Computer Science, Warwick University, UK.
			maujd@uk.ac.warwick.opal

	"Computer, if you don't open that exit hatch this instance,
	 I'm going to go to your major data banks with a very large
	 axe, and give you a re-programming you'll never forget!"
					- Zaphod Beeblebrox

wohler@spam.istc.sri.com (Bill Wohler) (07/06/88)

folks,

  for those of you who are interested in a csh/sh/korn shell mode, i
  received a version a while ago from someone whose name escapes me at
  the moment.  i have not yet had the time to try it so although you
  can ftp it (spam.istc.sri.com:~ftp/pub/gnu/code-mode.el) or can
  request that i mail you a copy,  i cannot answer any questions
  you have about it.

  also, my sincerest apologies for those i promised tapes of gcc stuff
  to but never delivered.  we've been burning the midnight oil the
  last couple of months to get our work done before an upcoming
  deadline and i haven't even had time to even *think* about tapes.

  so, for the meantime, i can only provide ftp and limited mail
  access.  if i ever see the light at the end of the tunnel, i'll try
  to get brian reid's archive server up and running on spam.

  the coffee's gone.  gotta split.
						--bw