[comp.emacs] emacstool problems

phil@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Phil Ritzenthaler) (07/06/88)

In article <8806211824.AA20443@mitre-bedford.ARPA>, jfjr@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (Freedman) writes:

>   I am putting up emacs on a sun 3 running 3.2. It works but emacstool
> has a problem. It opens up its window but all it does is echo button
> clicks. ie each click is echoed as a list of four integers
>
> (n0 n2 n3 n4)
> (mo m2 m2 m4)
> etc

I have a Sun 4/260 running SYS4-3.2_REV2 and a Sun 3/260 running version 3.5,
am trying to bring up the latest and greatist version of Emacs, 18.51,
and am having the SAME problem.

I tried following the instructions suggested in the etc/SUN-SUPPORT file.  I
load all of the sun*.el files using the site-init.el file (except for a file
called sun-mouse-fns.el which is mysteriously missing from this distribution),
since we are using suntools, placed the '#define HAVE_SUN_WINDOWS' in the
config.h file and it all compiled OK.

BUT, when I bring up emacstool and try to use the mouse in it, all I get is
the numbers similar to what 'jfjr' mentioned.

What did I miss/screw up again??  Is this a bug that should be sent to the
bug reporter??

Thanks, folks . . .
--
Phil Ritzenthaler    UUCP : ...!{att,killer}!cis.ohio-state.edu!phil
                     ARPA : phil@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

"Remember, OPRAH spelled backwards is HARPO (toot-toot)!" -- Anonymous