[comp.emacs] Newest version of gnuemacs

bethp@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Beth Paxton) (07/11/88)

I would like to know what the latest version on gnuemacs is available
for distribution.  We are running version 17.57.21 here at Lockheed,
Austin Division, on our Sun LAN.  If a newer version exists, will you
please let me know and also the instructions on how to 'snarf' a copy
of the net.  I tried telneting to prep.ai.mit.edu and our system timed
out before connection was made.  Is it possible for me to ftp the
necessary files to our site?  If so, do you have an anonymous account
on your system that can be used for such purposes?  Would appreciate
any information you can forward to me.  We want to be able to use
the mouse emacstool and with our current version we are unable to do so.

Thanks,
Beth Paxton - System Administrator Sun LAN
Lockheed, Austin Division
arpa address:  bethp@austin.lockheed.com

wohler@spam.istc.sri.com (Bill Wohler) (07/12/88)

Beth Paxton writes:
>I would like to know what the latest version on gnuemacs is available
>for distribution.

beth,

  the gnu bulletin names spam.istc.sri.com as an "official" gnu site.
  i maintain the latest (well, almost latest) gnu sources there since
  i can get an excellent connection to prep.

  i can mail small stuff, and if you're lucky either make tapes or set
  up a uucp connection, although my amount of free time has made the
  latter difficult (unless you come knocking on my door to remind me
  ;-)

  i posted this to the list as a reminder...

						--bw

Contents:
X11-emacs.dist.Z
bison.tar.Z