[comp.emacs] rmail digestifier query

gordon@hci.hw.ac.UK (Gordon Howell) (07/25/88)

Does anyone have a mail digestifier package (to build digests
in the 'standard' format as expected by undigest.el) for GNUemacs?
Please respond personally, I am not on this distribution.
Thanks.

Gordon Howell					gordon@hci.hw.ac.uk
Scottish Centre for Human Computer Interaction
Edinburgh, Scotland

mdb@silvlis.COM (Mark D. Baushke) (07/26/88)

> From: Gordon Howell <sun!uunet.uu.net!mcvax!hci.hw.ac.uk!gordon>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jul 88 12:40:07 BST
> To: info-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu
>
> Does anyone have a mail digestifier package (to build digests
> in the 'standard' format as expected by undigest.el) for GNUemacs?
> Please respond personally, I am not on this distribution.
> Thanks.
>
> Gordon Howell					gordon@hci.hw.ac.uk
> Scottish Centre for Human Computer Interaction
> Edinburgh, Scotland

I think that what you are looking for was in mod.sources Volume 6
Issue 6 under the Archive-name "maildigest". It was written in 1985 by
Dave Taylor <taylor@hplabs.hp.com> of Hewlett-Packard Laboratories.
It is a single shar file approx 25K bytes.

If you don't have access to the mod.sources archives, I think that the
info-server%sh.cs.net@relay.cs.net should be able to provide a copy
for you. Just send a message of the form:

	% mail info-server%sh.cs.net@relay.cs.net <<MAIL_REQ
	Request: mod.sources
	Topic: maildigest
	Request: end
	MAIL_REQ

And it should mail you back the shar file.

Enjoy!
Mark D. Baushke                 Internet:    mdb%silvlis.com@sun.com
Silvar-Lisco, Inc.              Nameservers: mdb@silvlis.com
1080 Marsh Road                 Usenet:      {pyramid,sun}!silvlis!mdb
Menlo Park, CA 94025-1053       Telephone:   +1 415 853-6411 / +1 415 969-8328