[comp.emacs] Termcap for televideo 970 terminal with password modem

donr@shark.UUCP (Don Riss) (09/04/88)

I have a Televideo Model 970 terminal running on a unix-based VAX11/780.
When inserting text, any text following below the cursor, moves across the
screen with the cursor.  I've gone as far as I know how to go with my termcap
and would appreciate a working termcap for a Televideo970 - that is to say,
at least the parts of the termcap applicable to emacs.

For what it's worth, the same problem occurs with (ahem...) vi...

[This really belongs in comp.terminals, so I'm pointing followups there.]

In article <2563@shark.TEK.COM>, donr@shark.UUCP (Don Riss) writes:
> I have a Televideo Model 970 terminal running on a unix-based
> VAX11/780.  When inserting text, any text following below the cursor,
> moves across the screen with the cursor.  [...]  For what it's worth,
> the same problem occurs with (ahem...) vi...

This sounds like the so-called "edit page" mode, when what you want is
"edit line" mode.  The TeleVideo terminals I'm familiar with, 950s,
have sequences to switch between these modes: ESC N to switch to edit
page and ESC O to switch to edit line.  While I have no way to tell
whether these are what the 970 uses, it may be worth trying: put \EO in
the :is=: capability (and remove \EN if present) and see if it helps
any.  Do you have a manual for it?  You might look for "edit page"
versus "edit line".

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu