[comp.emacs] About Gnu Emacs under Apollo SR10

hucka@mail.engin.umich.EDU (Michael Hucka) (09/15/88)

>   From hucka@CAEN.ENGIN.UMICH.EDU (Michael Hucka) Thu Aug 25 16:24:13 1988
>   Subject: GNU-emacs and Apollo SR10
>
>   	Check out emacs-gnu/apollo-emacs.tar.Z on prep.ai.mit.edu; it was
>   updated a couple of weeks ago.  It contains some very important modifications
>   to 18.51 to help run Emacs on Apollos, and I believe has support for SR10.
>   Jim Rees here compiled it and ran it on an sr10 node; below are his comments.
>
>   [....]

    I must clarify that message that I sent about three weeks ago.  The bugs
Jim listed actually appeared in an early release of SR10 -- they have been
fixed, and so those who are installing Leonard Zubkoff's Apollo patches for
Emacs under SR10 should *not* encounter them.  I apologize for any confusion
this may have caused.

    Incidentally, those patches are highly recommended; they provide Emacs
with a very nice interface on the Apollos.  They are based on 18.51, but
upgrading from 18.51 to 18.52 should pose no problems except for some
makefile differences which you can fix by hand.  (I simply ran patch on
the diff-18.51-18.52 file, starting with 18.51 modified with the Apollo
patches.  I am sending this message from the 18.52 version, in fact.  Works
beautifully.)

    Mike Hucka