[comp.emacs] looking for Bourne shell mode

sboisen@bbn.com (Sean Boisen) (10/25/88)

Does anybody have a good mode for writing Bourne shell scripts? At a
bare minimum a decent indenter that understands sh syntax would be
better than what i currently have: showing matching/mismatched
structures like if/fi would be even better.

Sean Boisen -- sboisen@bbn.com
BBN Systems and Technologies Corporation, Cambridge MA
Disclaimer: these opinions void where prohibited by lawyers.

Sean

arc1@ukc.ac.uk (A.R.Curtis) (10/29/88)

In article <31349@bbn.COM> sboisen@bbn.com (Sean Boisen) writes:
>Does anybody have a good mode for writing Bourne shell scripts? At a
>bare minimum a decent indenter that understands sh syntax would be
>better than what i currently have: showing matching/mismatched
>structures like if/fi would be even better.

I wrote one for csh scripts which shouldn't be too
difficult to rip apart and stuff bourne bits in (not sure
what you mean by `good' though? :-)

Should be in the next release (18.53?)

I don't have it to hand at the moment (perhaps someone who
got it when I posted it has one handy which they could
post)
Tony Curtis, Computing Lab.                | Phone 0227 764000
Univ. Kent at Canterbury                   |                Ext. 3812 or 7617
Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NF                   | arc1@uk.ac.ukc