[comp.emacs] ^S on a Sun Console

randy@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Randy Orrison) (10/11/88)

All right, we've had the explanations of what happens with a vt100 and
flow control.  Why on earth does a Sun CONSOLE not let ^S and ^Q
through to emacs?  Is there any way I can fix this bizarre behavior?
I'm not talking about any serial lines, or network connections, I'm
talking about GNU emacs running on the console of the sun here, and
not being able to use ^S and ^Q.  Help me, please!

	-randy
--
Randy Orrison, Chemical Computer Thinking Battery  --  randy@cctb.mn.org
(aka randy@{ux.acss.umn.edu, umn-cs.uucp, umnacca.bitnet, halcdc.uucp})

In article <9078@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU>, randy@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Randy Orrison) writes:
> All right, we've had the explanations of what happens with a vt100
> and flow control.  Why on earth does a Sun CONSOLE not let ^S and ^Q
> through to emacs?

It might help if we knew what release you're running, and on what sort
of hardware.  We run 3.5 on Sun-3s and *our* emacs (a Gosling
derivative) sees ^S and ^Q just fine.  Or perhaps you have a patch in
so that one uses (say) ^\ and ^^ instead of ^S and ^Q, for network
connections, and this same patch is taking effect when you're on the
console, so ^S and ^Q get ignored?

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu