[comp.emacs] "Extreme" bugs in MicroEmacs 3.9e

creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) (11/20/88)

   Well, actually what I mean by "extreme" is that they have to do with the
very beginning and the very end of the file being edited. They are really
fairly minor.
   The first bug is in CMODE. If you have a "(" as the very first character
in the file, when you type the corresponding ")" it doesn't match the two.
However, if you move the "(" over even just one column, it does match them.
Pairs of parentheses anywhere else in the file are matched correctly. "Why
would someone have a "(" as the first character in a C program?" Well, I like
to use CMODE when writing Scheme programs.
   The second problem may actually be a feature, but it is inconsistent with
Gnu Emacs. On the last line of a file, the newline seems to be added
automatically, whether you want it or not. Then when you do type a return, you
have an extra blank line at the end of the file.
   By the way, any estimate on the release date of the next version of uEmacs?

-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
Steve Creps, Indiana University, Bloomington, home of the "Hoosiers"
	creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (129.79.1.6)
	{inuxc,rutgers,uunet!uiucdcs,pur-ee}!iuvax!silver!creps
	creps@iubacs.bitnet (forwarded)

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (11/21/88)

In article <2701@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> creps@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Steve Creps) writes:
>   By the way, any estimate on the release date of the next version of uEmacs?
>
>-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-	-
>Steve Creps, Indiana University, Bloomington, home of the "Hoosiers"

	Version 3.10 is in BETA now.  I am getting responces and it seems
very stable.  I suspect I will release the 3.10 version in the 2nd or
3rd week of December.

					Daniel Lawrence
					(317) 742-5153 nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
					The Programmer's Room Fido 1:201/10
					(317) 742-5533

davidsen@steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) (11/30/88)

In article <8313@j.cc.purdue.edu> nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) writes:

| 	Version 3.10 is in BETA now.  I am getting responces and it seems
| very stable.  I suspect I will release the 3.10 version in the 2nd or
| 3rd week of December.

  Do you suppose you could break up the arc files a bit more? I have
spent about 4 hours of connect time trying to get the 361k source arc,
without success. Having tried three modems from two phone exchanges I
can't change anything else at my end. I note that you offer ZMODEM
without the "resume" option, so that the two 300-320k partial transfers
do not simply complete but start over.

  Any chance of breaking things down to 100k or so for people who can't
get a good line to Indiana? Yes, I tried 1200 baud.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)