[comp.emacs] Emacs interface to RCS?

tim@lucretia.esa.oz (Tim Bunce) (12/01/88)

Just a quickie: does anyone have/know of code to interface
				emacs with RCS (Revision Control System)?

				ie Apply the same search rules as RCS to
				find files and support checking-in and
				checking-out of files, rcsdiffs, merge etc.

With that sort of software emacs really would be taking a
giant step towards being an IPSE (rather than just a way of
life :-)

--
Tim Bunce:             tim@attila.esa.oz.AU (tim%attila.esa.oz.AU@UUNET.UU.NET)
                       {uunet,mcvax,ukc,nttlab}!munnari!attila.esa.oz!tim

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (12/03/88)

In article <140@lucretia.esa.oz>, tim@lucretia (Tim Bunce) writes:
>Just a quickie: does anyone have/know of code to interface
>				emacs with RCS (Revision Control System)?

I tried to reach the sender by mail, but no luck.

I have copies of packages by two people: Ed Simpson <evs@cs.duke.edu>
and Pehong Chen <phc@renoir.berkeley.edu>.  Contact them if they don't
reach you,, or I can send (old) versions.
--
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr