[comp.emacs] Wanted MicroGnu Emacs

lippolt@dnlunx.UUCP (Ben Lippolt) (01/13/89)

On the Macintosh and Atari-ST I use a GNU-Emacs compatible editor called
MG (= MicroGnu Emacs). Does this editor (or a similar one) exist for
MS-DOS, MINIX and/or SUN-UNIX?  Sources (preferably the same for all three
systems) or instructions on how to obtain them would be very much appreciated.
I cannot ftp, but the address of a UUCP or BITNET server would probably do.

Thanks,

Ben Lippolt, PTT Netherlands, Neher Laboratories.

BITNET/EARN: lippolt@hlsdnl5          UUCP: {backbone}!hp4nl!dnlunx!lippolt

-----------

kevinm@rtech.UUCP (Kevin Malloy) (01/19/89)

From article <487@dnlunx.UUCP>, by lippolt@dnlunx.UUCP (Ben Lippolt):

> On the Macintosh and Atari-ST I use a GNU-Emacs compatible editor called
> MG (= MicroGnu Emacs). Does this editor (or a similar one) exist for
> MS-DOS, MINIX and/or SUN-UNIX?  Sources (preferably the same for all three
> systems) or instructions on how to obtain them would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Lippolt, PTT Netherlands, Neher Laboratories.
>
> BITNET/EARN: lippolt@hlsdnl5          UUCP: {backbone}!hp4nl!dnlunx!lippolt
>
> -----------
I would appreciate the same information.

Kevin Malloy

but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep
and miles to go before I sleep
excerpt from: "Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening" -- Robert Frost

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (01/19/89)

In article <2602@rtech.rtech.com>, kevinm@rtech (Kevin Malloy) writes:
F>From article <487@dnlunx.UUCP>, by lippolt@dnlunx.UUCP (Ben Lippolt):
>>
>> On the Macintosh and Atari-ST I use a GNU-Emacs compatible editor called
>> MG (= MicroGnu Emacs). Does this editor (or a similar one) exist for
>> MS-DOS, MINIX and/or SUN-UNIX?
>I would appreciate the same information.

Befoe the requests pile up too deeply, MG is written to be portable
across a large range of machines.  The sources for version 1a are
available on the comp.sources.unix archive at uunet.  They imply
support the following systems:

# distribution note: This distribution of mg 1a is 11 shar files:
#	mg_1.shar through mg_5.shar	system indepentend, termcap,
#					bsd, sysv, and osk files.
#	mg_amiga1.shar, mg_amiga2.shar	amiga specific files
#	mg_vms1.shar through mg_vms4.shar
#					vms and eunice specific files.

The contacts list at that time (Nov 1986) looked like:

Amiga Lattice C:	Mike Meyer:
	mwm@berkeley.edu
	ucbvax!mwm

Amiga Manx C & VMS:	Mic Kaczmarczik:
	ut-sally!ut-ngp!mic
	mic@ngp.utexas.edu
	CCEP001@UTADNX.BITNET

OSK & BSD:	Bob Larson:
	blarson@usc-oberon.arpa
	sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!blarson

Now there is a version 2a available, but I didn't see it in
comp.sources.unix yet, and comp.sources.misc didn't turn up anything.
I think the new version covers more machines.
--
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr

piet@ruuinf (Piet van Oostrum) (01/19/89)

In article <487@dnlunx.UUCP>, lippolt@dnlunx (Ben Lippolt) writes:
 `
 `On the Macintosh and Atari-ST I use a GNU-Emacs compatible editor called
 `MG (= MicroGnu Emacs). Does this editor (or a similar one) exist for
 `MS-DOS, MINIX and/or SUN-UNIX?

This is from the README file: (version 2a -- May 1988)

    These systems are known to work in the current version:

	    4.2 & 4.3 BSD Unix, SunOs 3.2, Ultrix-32
	    System V
	    OS9/68k
	    VMS
	    Amiga
	    Primos
	    Atari ST

    Ms-Dos support is planned, but did not get done in time for this
    release.  (Jeff Siegal <jbs@eddie.mit.edu> was the one doing it.)
    The Ms-Dos files will probably be distributed seperatly when it
    becomes available.

				  Sources (preferably the same for all three
 `systems) or instructions on how to obtain them would be very much appreciated.
 `I cannot ftp, but the address of a UUCP or BITNET server would probably do.
 `
They are on lakesys!netlib:
mg2a/part.uaa		880712	Version 2a MicroGnuEmacs
mg2a/part.uab		880712	Version 2a MicroGnuEmacs
mg2a/part.uac		880712	Version 2a MicroGnuEmacs
mg2a/part.uad		880712	Version 2a MicroGnuEmacs

I have sources, but I don't know if they are up to date.
(They are from 15 May 1988)
--
Piet van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, University of Utrecht
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands