[comp.emacs] Bring back TECO

lum@armadillo.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lum Johnson) (01/28/89)

In article <12167@electron.mips.COM> wilkes@mips.COM (John Wilkes) writes:
>In article <4090@omepd.UUCP> merlyn@intelob.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge) writes:
>>
>> Okay, so it isn't Elisp, but it is 'perl'.
>
> Has anybody hacked up a perl-mode for GNU?

You wouldn't believe how often I type TECO commands into the minibuffer, and
then realize that the damn-fool thing has no idea what I'm talking about,
and has decided to do something _completely_ unexpected.

      (-:  When will you people get yourselves a __real__ Emacs?  :-)

I wish I had time to do the work myself, but I doubt I will anytime soon.
-=-
--
Lum Johnson    lum@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu    lum@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
"You got it kid -- the large print giveth and the small print taketh away."

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (01/30/89)

In article <32868@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, lum@armadillo (Lum Johnson) writes:
>You wouldn't believe how often I type TECO commands into the minibuffer, and
>then realize that the damn-fool thing has no idea what I'm talking about,
>and has decided to do something _completely_ unexpected.
>
>      (-:  When will you people get yourselves a __real__ Emacs?  :-)
>
>I wish I had time to do the work myself, but I doubt I will anytime soon.

One of the usenet source distributions includes a Unix TECO.  No :-)

I wonder if RMS has salted away the old ITS TECO macros...
--
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr

pf@csc.ti.com (Paul Fuqua) (02/01/89)

    Date: Monday, January 30, 1989  9:06am (CST)
    From: jr at bbn.com (John Robinson)
    Subject: Re: Bring back TECO (was: perl code to format Directory)
    Newsgroups: comp.emacs

    One of the usenet source distributions includes a Unix TECO.  No :-)

    I wonder if RMS has salted away the old ITS TECO macros...

Sorry, gang, the mod.sources TECO is just the lobotimised line-editing
TECO, not the Real (tm) TECO with ^R mode and all the other neat things
that people think I'm weird to miss.

Fear not, though, there are 2 or 3 KS-10s at MIT still running ITS.

Paul Fuqua                     pf@csc.ti.com
                               {smu,texsun,cs.utexas.edu,rice}!ti-csl!pf
Texas Instruments Computer Science Center
PO Box 655474 MS 238, Dallas, Texas 75265