[comp.emacs] texinfo & dvi

sivagnan@handel.ColoState.EDU (S. Vasanthan) (02/18/89)

Can anyone tell me how (the procedure) I can convert the files

   *.texinfo and texinfo.tex files to *dvi file?

I was trying to find information in the g++.texinfo & texinfo.tex
files. Where should I look for? if the information is there.

 Thanks
 Vasanthan

jr@bbn.com (John Robinson) (02/22/89)

In article <1246@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, sivagnan@handel (S. Vasanthan) writes:
>Can anyone tell me how (the procedure) I can convert the files
>
>   *.texinfo and texinfo.tex files to *dvi file?
>
>I was trying to find information in the g++.texinfo & texinfo.tex
>files. Where should I look for? if the information is there.

There is a texinfo section in the online manual (^H i).

The procedure is pretty simple.  Put a copy of texinfo.tex in the same
directory as the .texinfo file you want to process, or better, in your
system's /usr/lib/tex/inputs directory.  Run TeX with the .texinfo
file as input.  The .dvi file will appear in the directory you are in.
/jr
jr@bbn.com or bbn!jr