[comp.emacs] Window Height.

pratap@hpcllcm.HP.COM (Pratap Subrahmanyam) (04/01/89)

Hi,

Is there any way I can tell Gnu-emacs about the page size, i.e., window
height ?

Maybe there is some variable ? I figured I'll ask before I start hacking
my own code.

-- pratap.

pratap%hpcllcm@hplabs.hp.com

biesack@godel.dg.com (Dave Biesack) (04/05/89)

In article <1190006@hpcllcm.HP.COM> pratap@hpcllcm.HP.COM (Pratap Subrahmanyam) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way I can tell Gnu-emacs about the page size, i.e., window
> height ?
>
> Maybe there is some variable ? I figured I'll ask before I start hacking
> my own code.

apropos on "height" returned, among other things:

screen-height
  Function: Return number of lines on screen available for display.
set-screen-height
  Function: Tell redisplay that the screen has LINES lines.
window-height
  Function: Return the number of lines in WINDOW (including its mode line).
window-min-height
  Variable: *Delete any window less than this tall (including its mode line).

> -- pratap.
>
> pratap%hpcllcm@hplabs.hp.com

If you want to have screen height handled automatically, then I assume
you are running in a window system; your system should understand
SIGWINCH or, if running under X11, a window resize is propogated to
emacs automatically, if it was compiled with HAVE_X_WINDOWS and X11
defined; see src/x11term.c

djb
David J. Biesack       "Just GNU it!"	|	Data General
{seismo, ...}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!biesack	|	Research Triangle Park, NC
biesack@dg-rtp.dg.com			|	(919) 248-5989