[comp.emacs] ID package

rkc@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (rkc) (04/06/89)

Dan Pierson writes:
>I agree that ID is great for C files, but decided that it was too much
>work to fix it for Lisp files.  The problem is that ID's knowledge of
What is the ID package?  In GNU emacs 18.49.2 "help appropos ID" yields nothing
I want to see, and this sounds interesting.
	-Rob

pierson@mist (Dan Pierson) (04/07/89)

In article <1345@xn.LL.MIT.EDU>, rkc@XN (rkc) writes:
>What is the ID package?  In GNU emacs 18.49.2 "help appropos ID"
>yields nothing I want to see, and this sounds interesting.
>	-Rob

It's not part of GNU Emacs.  It was posted in comp.sources.unix in
mid-late 1987.  You should be able to ftp it from uunet.uu.net.  Look
for /comp.sources.unix/volume11/id (it's probably a directory).

To forestall the inevitable next question, folks who can't ftp should
ask their favorite comp.sources.unix archive site for "id" from
volume11 in whatever way that site supports.

Followups redirected to comp.sources.d since this isn't part of any emacs.
--
                                            dan

In real life: Dan Pierson, Encore Computer Corporation, Research
UUCP: {talcott,linus,necis,decvax}!encore!pierson
Internet: pierson@encore.com