[comp.emacs] GNU Emacs on DecStation 3100 ?

flanagan@iving.cs.cornell.edu (Doug Flanagan) (04/15/89)

Does anyone have GNU Emacs 18.53 running on the new DecStation
3100 (MIPS R2000) machine? I would greatly appreciate receiving the
information, diffs, m-*.h, s-*.h files, etc. required. Thank you!

-Doug Flanagan (flanagan@cs.cornell.edu)
 Systems Programmer
 Computer Science
 Cornell. U

mikem+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Michael Meyer) (04/15/89)

Gnu emacs 18.51 (note 51, not 53) comes on the Ultrix unsupported tape for the
Decstation3100.  This version is set up to use the -O flag during the
compilations.  If you try to compile it the compilation will fail with an
assembler error in one module.  If you compile this module without optimization
then the compilation completes normally but emacs has lots of problems.

I eventually compiled gnu emacs without the -O flag and everything seems to be
working well.

                                Michael M. Meyer
                          Statistics/Academic Computing
                           Carnegie Mellon University.

treese@crltrx.crl.dec.com (Win Treese) (04/16/89)

In article <26931@cornell.UUCP> flanagan@cs.cornell.edu (Doug Flanagan) writes:
>Does anyone have GNU Emacs 18.53 running on the new DecStation
>3100 (MIPS R2000) machine? I would greatly appreciate receiving the
>information, diffs, m-*.h, s-*.h files, etc. required. Thank you!

The 18.51 sources are on the unsupported kit in the DS3100 Ultrix distribution.
It should be straightforward to upgrade to 18.53.

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese@crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.