[comp.emacs] Looking for the stack.el

mgh@intelob.intel.com (Mike Heavin) (04/27/89)

Some time ago, I noticed (and saved) a posting in this group that contained
code for implementing a stack mechanism in emacs.  You could save a position,
text, a window-configuration, a register, etc. on the stack and then pop the
elements off of the stack as desired.

My copy of the code mysteriously vanished.  I looked through the Elisp
directory for the code, but did not find it.

Would the person who originally submitted the article or someone who saved it
and still has the code please repost it?

Thanx in advance,

Mike Heavin
--
----------------******************---------------------
Mike Heavin

These ramblings do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer, my spouse,
my friends, or any other sentient being.  They are mine alone; I am my own
worst enemy.
----------------******************---------------------

dsill@RELAY.NSWC.NAVY.MIL (04/28/89)

>From: Mike Heavin <littlei!omepd!mgh@uunet.uu.net>
>Some time ago, I noticed (and saved) a posting in this group that contained
>code for implementing a stack mechanism in emacs.  You could save a position,
>text, a window-configuration, a register, etc. on the stack and then pop the
>elements off of the stack as desired.

I believe you're looking for:
positions	  89-01-25
     Bard Bloom, <bard@theory.lcs.mit.edu>