[comp.emacs] uEmacs for SUN

880716a@aucs.UUCP (Dave Astels) (07/02/89)

I'm looking for the sources for MicroEmacs version 3.10.  I have the executable
running on my MS-DOS machine, and would like the sources as well.  Also I am
thinking of maybe getting it running on our SUN 4.  I've toyed with building
GNU Emacs for the Sun, but it seems too much bother.  Micro Emacs looks to be
much simpler to get running.

-Dave
880716a@Acadia
880716a@aucs.UUCP

barnett@crdgw1.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (07/06/89)

In article <1986@aucs.UUCP>, 880716a@aucs (Dave Astels) writes:
>I'm looking for the sources for MicroEmacs version 3.10.  I have the executable
>running on my MS-DOS machine, and would like the sources as well.  Also I am
>thinking of maybe getting it running on our SUN 4.  I've toyed with building
>GNU Emacs for the Sun, but it seems too much bother.  Micro Emacs looks to be

If you read the file etc/SUN_SUPPORT
you will find installing GNUemacs a matter of
	defining two header files, as documented
	typing make

You also get emacstool/SunView support.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett@crdgw1.ge.com>  a.k.a. <barnett@[192.35.44.4]>