[comp.emacs] Jove distribution missing ttystate.h

lacey@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (John Lacey) (07/10/89)

I am trying to compile Jove 4.12 here on a Gould.  I picked up the
distribution tar file from cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu .  Everything
seems to be fine except that I am missing ttystate.h, which is
included by several files.

Does anybody know the whereabouts of a copy of this file?  It appears
to be new to 4.12.  I recently built Jove 4.9, and this file didn't
appear there.

One possibility I thought of was that all of the

	#include "ttystate.h"

lines should have been

	#include <ttystate.h>

but all I have here on the Gould are ttyenv.h, sys/tty.h, sys/ttychars.h,
and sys/ttydev.h .  Is one of these the right file?

Thanks,

--
John Lacey           |  Internet:  lacey@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
running unattached   |  BITnet:    lacey@crnlthry
                     |  UUCP:      cornell!batcomputer!lacey
"Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent."  ---Wittgenstein

jspear@gryphon.COM (Jon Spear) (07/16/89)

In article <8359@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> lacey@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (John Lacey) writes:
>I am trying to compile Jove 4.12 here on a Gould.  I picked up the
>distribution tar file from cadre.dsl.pittsburgh.edu .  Everything
>seems to be fine except that I am missing ttystate.h, which is
>included by several files.

I picked up the same Jove and had the same problem when trying to
install on a BSD 4.3 VAX.  I asked Jonathan Payne about it and he
suggested getting Jove version 4.13, available on cs.rochester.edu by
anonymous ftp, file = pub/jove.tar.4.13.Z.

I did this just tonight and, after some struggling, got it to work.  The
problem I had was in trying to get IPROCS working (an editor window
where you can interactively enter shell commands and get the results
back).  Neither setting of PIPEPROCS would compile clean (I'm sending
details to Payne), so I removed the IPROCS #def from tune.h and it
compiled and linked OK.

If you are still stuck, JOVE's author Jonathan Payne (jpayne@sun.com or
jpayne%flam@sun.com) is often willing to help via email.

-Jon