[comp.emacs] Cutting and Pasteing Columns in MEmacs 3.10?

16012_3705@uwovax.uwo.ca (Jeff Racine) (06/16/89)

I use MEmacs 3.10 and MicroSpell to prepare my TeX documents.

Problem:  Often I need to cut and paste columns of data.  Since MEmacs does not
do this (to my knowledge), I am forced to switch editors.

Has anybody written a program to do this in MEmacs?  If you have (or if the
solution is trivial) would you let me know?

On a related note, When I use MEmacs, I set the continous scrolling feature to
on, but I constantly lose the bottom of the screen while scrolling.  I have an
ATI VGA Wonder video card and am running a 25MHz 386.  Is there any one who
notices this (problem)? If so, I would appreciate any solutions or advice.

Thanks for your time.

`Decsribe Instructor's Weaknesses as a teacher:
	"Ability to avoid answering questions directly..."

`Decsribe Instructor's Strengths as a teacher:
	"Ability to avoid answering questions directly..."

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (07/23/89)

In article <2327@uwovax.uwo.ca> 16012_3705@uwovax.uwo.ca (Jeff Racine) writes:
>I use MEmacs 3.10 and MicroSpell to prepare my TeX documents.
>
>Problem:  Often I need to cut and paste columns of data.  Since MEmacs does not
>do this (to my knowledge), I am forced to switch editors.

	from the standard .rc file, load the BLOCK page.  It
specifically does exactly this.

>Has anybody written a program to do this in MEmacs?  If you have (or if the
>solution is trivial) would you let me know?
>
>On a related note, When I use MEmacs, I set the continous scrolling feature to
>on, but I constantly lose the bottom of the screen while scrolling.  I have an
>ATI VGA Wonder video card and am running a 25MHz 386.  Is there any one who
>notices this (problem)? If so, I would appreciate any solutions or advice.

	I have noticed problems with a number of different VGA boards.
It seems not everyone impliments VGA the same way.  I don't really know
of any solution to this.

>Thanks for your time.
		no problem,

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153