[comp.emacs] GNU-Emacs 18.51 for Atari ST

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) (08/03/89)

? Date: 17 Jul 89 20:39:48 GMT
? From: mcvax!unido!sbsvax!roeder@uunet.uu.net  (Edgar Roeder)

? Today i have submitted my port of GNU Emacs for Atari ST computers to the
? atari binaries group. The port has been done with gcc V1.30 . The only missing
? features are those related to multitasking/multiuser environments like
? asynchronous processes. 'call-process' is implemented through system()-calls.
? With the help of bert@sbsvax.uucp (Norbert Reithinger) we have also an
? implementation of dired written with emacs functions.
? The executable program runs on 1MB of memory but more is recommended.

? - Edgar

I hope you submitted source as well. Redistributing binarys only is prohibited.

	Root Boy Jim
	Have GNU, Will Travel.

rodney@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) (08/03/89)

In article <8908022027.AA08213@dsys.ncsl.nist.gov> rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) writes:
RBJ> Sender: news@bbn.COM

RBJ> ? Date: 17 Jul 89 20:39:48 GMT
RBJ> ? From: mcvax!unido!sbsvax!roeder@uunet.uu.net  (Edgar Roeder)

RBJ> ? Today i have submitted my port of GNU Emacs for Atari ST computers to the
RBJ> ? atari binaries group. The port has been done with gcc V1.30 .

RBJ> I hope you submitted source as well. Redistributing binarys only is prohibited.

I would guess that only the new source would have to be distributed.  Other
stuff is widely available as emacs 18.54.  I'd agree that he should give
instructions on how to convert the 18.54 source to work on the ST or, better,
provide a shell script to do it automatically.

Actually posting the source to 18.54 would be a tremendous WASTE of net time.
--
Rodney

caa@garnet.ssd.cdc.com (Charles A. Anderson) (08/04/89)

rbj@dsys.ncsl.nist.GOV (Root Boy Jim) writes:

|? Date: 17 Jul 89 20:39:48 GMT
|? From: mcvax!unido!sbsvax!roeder@uunet.uu.net  (Edgar Roeder)

|? Today i have submitted my port of GNU Emacs for Atari ST computers to the
|? atari binaries group. The port has been done with gcc V1.30 .
|? - Edgar

|I hope you submitted source as well. Redistributing binarys only is prohibited.

|	Root Boy Jim
|	Have GNU, Will Travel.

Distibuting binarys only was not prohibited last time I read the manifesto,
but telling them they can't have the source for the binaries is.