[comp.emacs] Unipress Emacs compilation problem on NCR Tower 32/650

hueni@aut.UUCP (Hueni Hermann) (08/30/89)

Unipress emacs version V2.15 didn't compile correctly on our Tower 32/650
under the assumption of a generic system V machine.

Can anybody help with a special configuration file for the NCR Tower 32/650?

Any hints are appreciated.

Thank you.
--
Hermann Hueni		Tel.	+41 31 52 92 22
Ascom Autelca		Fax.	+41 31 52 77 45

hueni@aut.UUCP (Hueni Hermann) (08/31/89)

In article <691@aut.UUCP>, hueni@aut.UUCP (Hueni Hermann) writes:
> Unipress emacs version V2.15 didn't compile correctly on our Tower 32/650
> under the assumption of a generic system V machine.

Someone just told me, that this was typical for sysVr3 requirements
	 Therefore the source of the problem is located since we run sysVr2.
	 We still need a solution.
> Can anybody help with a special configuration file for the NCR Tower 32/650?

for sysVr2, of course.

-- hh
--

hueni@aut.UUCP (Hueni Hermann) (09/01/89)

> 	 We still need a solution.

The reason why it didn't work was a test for the definition of SIG_HOLD,
which is defined in /usr/include/sys/signal.h.
Appearently unipress assumes a sysVr3 if SIG_HOLD is defined. Since
the NCR TOWER 650 defines it to 0 (see below), unipress assumed the wrong
release for the signal library.