[comp.emacs] uEmacs 3.10, 43 lines and Logitech mouse problem

porte@rhi.hi.is (Tryggvi Edwald) (10/01/89)

Not too long ago, I saw a posting where someone had a problem using
uEmacs 3.10 in 43-line mode on a EGA screnn with the Logitech mouse.
As far as I remember, that person described the very same problem I
am having now.  (The problem is, the mouse pointer disappears below
line 25 on the screen.)
Regrettably, I do not have the original posting, therefore this one.
Would anyone knowing the solution to this problem (if such exists) be
kind enough to help me out?.

Tryggvi Edwald, Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5, IS-107 Reykjavik, ICELAND
		te@rhi.hi.is  or  ..!mcvax!hafro!rhi!te

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (10/03/89)

In article <1168@krafla.rhi.hi.is> porte@rhi.hi.is (Tryggvi Edwald) writes:
>Not too long ago, I saw a posting where someone had a problem using
>uEmacs 3.10 in 43-line mode on a EGA screnn with the Logitech mouse.
>As far as I remember, that person described the very same problem I
>am having now.  (The problem is, the mouse pointer disappears below
>line 25 on the screen.)

>Tryggvi Edwald

	You need a newer version of the mouse driver, wither the
mouse.sys file or the mouse.com program you run is an old version and
doesn't know about 43 line mode.  Any driver from logitech or Microsoft
from the last couple of years will do.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room