[comp.emacs] microemacs & unix V

golds@fjcnet.GOV (10/03/89)

I have been trying to compile microemacs 3.10 on two different System V
platforms: Pyramid and Sperry.  Everything compiles except for unix.c,
which cannot find the include file ndir.h.  I have not been able to find
this file in the include directories for the BSD environments either. I
tried setting COMPLET to 0 (in estruct.h) and commenting out the missing
include, but all the directory handling stuff still comes up undefined.
Any better suggestions?  Thanks...

Rich Goldschmidt
golds@fjcp60.uu.net   or uunet!fjcp60!golds

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (10/04/89)

golds@fjcnet.GOV writes:

>I have been trying to compile microemacs 3.10 on two different System V
>platforms: Pyramid and Sperry.  Everything compiles except for unix.c,
>which cannot find the include file ndir.h.  I have not been able to find

Look for <dir.h>, or <sys/dir.h>, or <sys/dirent.h>, in that order.  They
should be there somewhere.  If not then get Doug Gwyn's directory routines
and use them.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

bobm@qip.UUCP (Bob Maccione) (10/04/89)

> compiling the unix.c file

I use the following #if within the unix.c file and it seems to work
for me

#if	USG | HPUX | SUN | XENIX			/* System V */
#include	<signal.h>
#include	<termio.h>
#include	<fcntl.h>
#include        <sys/types.h>