[comp.emacs] vt100 keypad codes on xemacs

scott@grlab.UUCP (Scott Blachowicz) (10/05/89)

Followed up to here from comp.windows.x...

In article <SCOTT.89Oct5103118@grlab.grlab.UUCP> scott@grlab.UUCP (Scott Blachowicz) writes:
>In article <1304@gmdzi.UUCP> wittig@gmdzi.UUCP (Georg Wittig) writes:
>
>>Gnu Emacs 18.53 and X11R3:
>>So it seems that the software binding does work, but not the mapping of the
>>keypad key `.' to the above escape sequence.
>>
>>What am I missing?
>The trick is that emacs creates its own window and handles all of the
>X interactions with that window. When you hit a key in the X window,
>it essentially sends a "keycode" to the X client (emacs)....

While hacking the code to get it to recognize some more codes that
exist on my (HP) keyboard, I noticed several places in the source
where some code to do a more general job of this "keycode-mapping" was
#ifdef'd out. It looked like work-in-progress, but not quite finished,
yet. Anyone know when it might be reality? 18.56? 19.xx?
--
Scott Blachowicz                E-mail:  scott@grlab.UUCP
USPS:  Graphicus                 ..or..  ...!hpubvwa!grlab!scott